Caveat lector: This list of important points pertaining to anarchism is according to my interpretation based upon what I see the majority of anarchists agreeing with in accordance to my own beliefs and moral holdings upon the subject. It does not cover every or nuance of anarchy, these are simply the most important things you need to know.
- is purely voluntary.
- cannot be created or sustained with violence, aggression or subjugation.
- leaves the individual to govern her or himself.
- relies upon the idea that, if an individual is unable to care for themselves, the community (or another individual) will voluntarily offer to help that other individual.
- can provide social services, the only contingency being that funding for such programmes is collected through voluntary not compulsory donations.
- has room under the breadth of the theory to satisfy socialism, communism, marketism, primitivism, feminism and any other -ism you can think of so long as everyone partaking in that society does so on a consensual basis.
- desires total freedom for the individual.